One bad servo

emmanuel.gomez

One bad servo

Postby emmanuel.gomez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi,

My 8-year old son received a mePed v2 (full kit) as a gift and we just built it on one of the recent snowy afternoons in Seattle (one can only sled down a hill so many times and build so many snowpeople ;). We had a blast building the mePed. It's the most complex thing we've assembled together (so far) and it was great. We made one misstep, which was completely recoverable. A great experience.

However, we found that one of the servos in our kit seems to be ... broken. On power-up, it rotates fully in one direction, and doesn't respond to any commands (e.g., zeroing out). We've tried plugging other servos into the same servo slot, as well as plugging the bad servo into other servo slots. Same outcome.

@spierce are there any further diagnostic steps that you would recommend/request? If not, what should we do about a bad servo? Is this something where you would send us a replacement? If not, would you help me source a replacement?

Thanks for any help you can lend.

– Emmanuel Gomez

spierce
Site Admin

Re: One bad servo

Postby spierce » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:35 am

Hi Emmanuel,

I'm sorry for the troubles you're having with one of the servos! Please email your address to scott@spierce.com and I will drop a replacement servo in the mail for you.

Thanks,
Scott Pierce