mePed structure material

Discuss ideas about improving or modifying your mePed
whittemd

mePed structure material

Postby whittemd » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:04 pm

I am having trouble locating 1/8" board material to make the mePed body parts. I have made a few from plywood which can be difficult because plywood is not always flat. I have made 1 from MDF from some scraps I found, and don't remember from where I got it. Can someone suggest where I might find 1/8" MDF or some other better material?

spierce
Site Admin

Re: mePed structure material

Postby spierce » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:08 am

Hello,

We buy our MDF at a local lumber yard. Home Depot and Lowes usually carry some MDF as well. Online, Inventables.com sells 1/8" MDF which is very close in size to 3mm. You could also cut the body out of 3mm Acrylic or 3D print the parts.

If you're unable to track down a suitable place, we also sell just the mePed wood kits on SpierceTech.com: https://www.spiercetech.com/shop/home/3 ... d-kit.html

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,
Scott Pierce

whittemd

Postby whittemd » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Thank you Scott. I have tried the major hardware stores here in Denver but 1/8" is too small for them. I will try Inventables.com.

Thanks!
Dan

Oh, by the way I just want to say I enjoyed meeting you at the Denver Maker Faire last month.

spierce
Site Admin

Postby spierce » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks Dan, it was great meeting you as well! We're looking forward to next year!